The old Mykonos’ port

The pedestrian promenade that runs around the old port of Mykonos features cafes, boat ticket offices and jewelers, lined in front of the colorful boats of fishermen. On the shore a large marble table serves as a stall selling fish just unloaded from the fishing boats. The only prominent buildings here are two small churches both dedicated to St. Nicholas, patron of sailors and the town hall built in 1785. To the west the port is outlined by a jetty from which the boats set off for excursions to Delos. (photo credits: Eric)